This section will explain how to limit the rights of some user in the system
- Log into admin
- Click on Securities
- The illustration on the right displays the Admin security level options, which allows full access to the user.
- To add a new security group
- Click New at the bottom
- Give the group a name, ex. Cashier
- A cashier needs the ability to generate sales and payments. To allow a cashier to do this, you need to select the following options
- to the right of Orders, select Can View, Can Edit, Can Insert and Can Delete
- If you do not want the cashier to be able to search for a student/customer, Uncheck Can View to the right of Orders
- If you do not want the cashier to be able to Void, Uncheck Can Edit
- If you do not want a cashier to be able to Override a low balance warning, Uncheck Can Insert.
- To the right of POS, select all 4 options
- If you do not want the user to be able to edit the POS properties, uncheck Can Edit to the right of POS.
- Check, Can View, to the right of reports if the user needs to run Reports.
- As you add options to the security level, you give the user more rights to make changes in Admin.
Apply the security level to the users account.