Explains how to create a category type to begin the setup of your menu.
After completing this how-to you will have begun the setup of your menu.
Log into Admin, Logging into the system
Click on Menu-->Category Types
- Hit New at the bottom left.
- Enter the name of your Category Type.
- Select Can be reduced if this is a state reimbursable category type
- Select Can be Free if this is a state reimbursable category type
- Select Meal Plan Items if you have setup meal plans that have already been paid into
- Select Meal Equivalency if this category is going to allow a meal equivalency on particular items.
- You would not be able to use lunch status options and Meal plan Options at the same time. You must pick the options which suites your needs best.
- If you are a member of the National School lunch program
- You will have a Qualified category type which can be free and reduced
- You will also have an Unqualified Category type for all items that are not reimbursable
- Select OK to Save