This section will walk you through each tab of a customer account.
Already Created Items
- Enter the student/customer's Last Name*.
- Enter the student/customer's First Name*.
- The middle name, date of birth, gender, and SSN are optional fields.
- Enter the student/customers User ID*. This should match the number which is used in your school management system. It must be unique.
- The PIN* can be the same as the User ID. It can also be auto-generated when the data import is done, or you can choose your own pattern. The PIN must be unique and is used by the student/customer to access his or her account at the POS.
- Click on the button with 3 dots to select the School/Location* to which the student/customer should be assigned.
- The District* will automatically fill in upon selecting the school/location.
- The Student box is checked by default, but if the account is for a teacher or adult, uncheck this box.
- If the student is part of a Snack Program, check the appropriate box.
- If the student is a Student Worker, select this option.
- The Active box is checked by default, but if a student/customer leaves the district, uncheck this option in order to deactivate the account.
- If you are using biometrics and the student/customer has opted out, select Don't Store Biometrics.
- If the student/customer has been finger imaged with biometrics; No Biometrics should change to Biometrics Data Present.
Fields with * are required fields.
- Complete the Address, City, State and Zip fields if applicable.
- Enter the Phone number if needed
- Enter the E-mail address if needed.
- This tab allows you to view the customer's picture. Pictures can either be imported or can be added manually.
- Select Add and browse to the picture you would like to attach to the account.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Lunch Type
- Select the appropriate meal status for your national school lunch program student.
- Meal Plan Info
- This is mainly used by colleges to select the meal plan to which the student is assigned.
- Allow Ala Carte is checked by default. If you have a student that is not allowed to purchase a la carte items, click to uncheck this option. The cashier will receive a message at the POS terminal when the account is displayed which notifies them that a la carte is not allowed.
- Cash Only is unchecked by default. If you need to block a customer from using his or her account to purchase items, select this option.
- Language allows you to click on the button with 3 dots to select the student language.
- Ethnicity allows you to select the appropriate ethnicity.
- Grade allows you to assign a grade.
- Homeroom allows you to select a homeroom assignment.
- Select Not in District (FSS AutoImport Only) if using the auto import feature to update students nightly and this student is not in that file.
- The Locations tab supplies you a list of all locations within your district. If a student is able to eat at multiple locations, you may select the locations from this list.
- Select the school on the left and click the arrow to move it to the right.
- The student's primary school assignment is not listed, because it was assigned in the General Tab.
- Click OK to save changes and exit the customer account.
- Displays the Meal Plan Balance. This is the balance for the qualified meals in the national school lunch program.
- Ala Carte Balance is the balance for any and all purchases, other than qualified meals.
- Total Balance is a combined total of both the a la carte and meal plan accounts.
- *Parentheses indicate a negative balance.
- Adjustment - How to apply an adjustment
- Payments - How to make a payment
- The Orders section will display the cashier's name, the order date, and details of each transaction.
- If a check payment was entered, the check number will also be displayed.
- Void Order allows you to void the entire order - How to void an item
- Void Items will allow you to void an individual item from a transaction.
- Select Date Range allows you to minimize your view of the activity for selected dates or a particular date.
- Displays the Items in the selected order.
* The Activity can be printed out by generating a statement in the Customer Report section.
- The Balance Tab displays the account balance broken down by Meal Plan and Ala Carte.
- It also gives you the ability to move the balance between the two accounts by clicking the red arrows to the right of the balances.
- After you move the balance, Select Save to Save the changes you made.
- If it doesn't seem to work, Select Retry.
- Select Recalculate Account to recalculate the account for a particular time period. (insert link)
- The log displays pertinent information about changes made to the account throughout the years.