Make sure all current applications have been entered into the system.
The Expiration letters should be printed and sent out 1-2 weeks prior to your carryover expiration date. This will give the parents time to reapply for free or reduced meals before it is too late.
- Log into the FORMS program
- Click on Reports and select the Customer Meal Roster
- Click the Sort Options tab and in the first drop down, select FORMS Meal Status with a page break
- Click the second drop down arrow and select Student name as pictured in B.
- This will give you a list of students with the statuses lumped together. The CarryOvers are the ones who need an updated application.
- Click on Reports and select Expiration Letter for Carryover Statuses
- A screen will be displayed giving you the options to select the statuses that you would like to generate the letter for.
- Select All Statuses if you want to generate a letter for all carryovers.
- If you select Paid, Reduced, Free, Temporary, Direct Cert and/or Migrant, be sure to select Use All Statuses (Generic)
- If you get an error that the selected criteria returned no information, go to Setup Expiration Letter.
Setup Expiration Letter
- Go to download.foodserve.com
- Scroll down to
- Click on the CarryOver Status Letter Template and save it to your computer
To Insert the letter into FORMS
- Log into FORMS and click on Reports-->Letter Designer
- Click on the Status Expiration button on the bottom left, this will bring it to the top
- Click on Edit, then File then Load. This will bring up a screen for you to search your computer for the letter you saved on it. Browse to that letter.
- Double click on the Letter and then you will be able to see it in a larger view
- Review the letter and make any necessary changes. Edit it as you would a word document.
- Do not edit anything enclosed in brackets. These pull information from the database and insert it into the letter.
- After you have completed your changes, Click on the x in the top right corner and say yes to save the changes.
- Click Save, at the bottom and then Close to exit the Letter designer.
Generate Expiration Letter for Carryovers
- Click on Reports and select the Expiration letter A-(2)
- Select the lunch types you would like to generate a letter for. Keep in mind the students marked as paid would include application that were income too high.
- Click OK to generate the report and print. Expired Meal Application Roster
- Generate this report after the applications have been expired to get a list of the Students set back to paid.