Log into Admin-Logging into the system
The Categories and Category types must be created prior to creating menu items.
- Select Menu-->Menu Items
- Select New, at the bottom, to create a new menu item.
- Enter the Item Name as the item you are selling
- For the Category, click on the button with 3 dots, on the right, and select the Category from the list.
- Shortcut Button Caption should be typed in as you would like the menu item displayed on the POS. Can be the same as item name.
- Enter the vending information if using our vending machine
- For the Item Type Select the the Lunch or Breakfast item. If the item can be purchased at lunch and Breakfast, leave N/A selected.
- The Menu Item Specifications allow you to tell the system have specific conditions.
- Select the Kitchen Printer Item if this is something that needs to be prepared in the Kitchen and you have a printer there.
- Electronic Scale Item should be selected if the item will be weighed to access the cost.
- Select Taxable item if the item should be taxed.
- Select Once Per Day Item if the customers are only allowed to buy one of this item in a day.
- Select Meal Equivalent Item if the item can be part of a meal plan selection.
- Prices should be entered for each group recognized by the POS system.
- Student Full Price is the cost to a paid student.
- If the item is Qualified, you will see Reduced Price listed next and here you would enter a reduced price for a student.
- Employee Price is the cost to an adult or Employee with an account created in the system. An adult/employee cannot purchase a qualified item.
- The Guest Price is the price for a customer paying cash because they do not have an account. The cashier will use the Guest Cash Sale button on the POS.
- Click OK to save the menu item.